Sunday, February 14, 2016

Hat turned sideways

Maybe I'm a little mixed up on which way the brim of my hat is supposed to face,
Because-
I'm sick of hats being such a sad/complicated thing. 
.
.
.

All of the "stop trying to hide behind a hat" and "hats are for hiding sorrow" stuff? 
I don't buy into it. 

I'm calling BS!

So correct me if I'm wrong. And I'll take all of my cards back. 

Because hats are supposed to be worn for FUN! To enhance your mood and make life a little more enjoyable without the sun shining in your eyes too much. 

I don't throw on a party hat at a birthday because I'm feeling insecure and sad about turning 19. Heck I throw that bad boy on because it's colorful and makes me feel like maybe it's okay to start a new chapter in life and turn a new age. It's okay to have a whole day to myself and wear this hat so everyone knows it's my birthday. 

I don't put that New York Giants baseball cap on to go booo the team and wish for the batter to strike out. (Unless your a Yankees fan, but that's a different story)

Wearing a helmet when I  ride my bike is for safety. I don't want to take a wrong turn and have my brains get squirted out onto the pavement. Plus, this shiny blue color makes me feel alive again and feel like there's hope in having it match the bright blue sky above me. I don't wear it so I can hide my emotions and feelings. 


I'm not wearing this sun hat because I'm afraid of who I really am underneath it. I simply just don't wanna skin cancer on my face. 


Last time I checked, wearing my beanie outside was to keep my head from getting cold, not to scream "I have depression" 

I don't mean to offend any sorrowful hat-wearers out there but I'm just thinking out loud here and suggesting that maybe, just maybe wearing a hat isn't such a bad thing. 

Especially when you're having a bad hair day..

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU. I'm not the only one thinking this way, haha. I loved this. So much.

    ReplyDelete