Monday, February 15, 2016

I just really miss you

I miss you. 
3 words that makes my heart cringe and also start beating again. 
It's a bittersweet thing to miss a person.
Missing someone means you felt something and they impacted your life.
Missing them also means they aren't there anymore.
I miss you. 
I miss the way he tucked me in every night and told me I was important and that tomorrow would be better than today was.
I miss you.
I miss the way her eyes glowed with sunshine and happiness everytime I walked downstairs in the morning.
I miss you.
I miss the way he used to call me his best friend which meant more to me than just being a little sister.
I miss you.
I miss building forts with him and watching him smile as he slept with his chunky baby cheeks covered in drool.
I miss you.
I miss her uncontrollable laugh and how we used to plan all of our outfits to match because we were the best of friends.
I miss you.
I miss the way he brought me flowers and cared so much about being on time.
I miss you.
I miss the way he loved playing Zelda and would drive us around when we didn't have our licenses.
I miss you.
I miss the way he got so excited about the sunrises that he would run outside in his underwear just to catch them before they faded.
I miss you.
I miss the sound of his soft voice over the phone when he would call me late at night talking about everything and nothing at the same time.
I miss you.
I miss his shaky weathered hands and how he always asked me what I learned in school that day and how "Sam" was, even tho he called every boy he ever met "Sam"
I miss you.
I miss the way he held my hand as we skipped as fast as we could through the parking lot into every grocery store we ever went into.
I miss you.
I miss her love for chocolate and adventure and how she  taught me to not care about what others thought.
I miss you.
I miss the late night pillow talks about every single boy in school while wearing our matching sleepover shirts.
I miss you.
I miss the way he danced in his car with the bobble head on the dash, screaming every single word to delirious.
I miss you.
Miss
You.
Miss 
You.
Miss
You.

7 comments:

  1. "I miss the way he brought me flowers and cared so much about being on time."
    This post made me feel everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so glad to read this and not be burdened by the idea of high school love and relationships. this was refreshing. something about you writing about love in this way, in a sense of pure and simple love, rather than the typical boyfriend girlfriend stuff that so many write about, that makes this poem even more beautiful. love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "3 words that makes my heart cringe and also start beating again. had me hooked from the begging. you are killing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. crying. this hit home! i love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. crying. this hit home! i love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete